Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Me- The Walking Phenomenon

So I am hoping that someday I will look back on this blog post and laugh, and hopefully not remember any of it to the extent that I do right now. I would equate myself to a swollen, zebra-like person that is basically crippled compared to everyday real-life. To put it mildly, I am full of extra fluid, and I mean full! My legs, ankles, feet, and even some parts of my belly are larger than life, and not in a good way. As we continue to countdown the days until BB#2 gets here, I am baffled at how long my babies want to stay inside their toasty oven. I was convinced with Jaycee that she would come early. Fat chance, she was born just one day before her given due date. A few weeks ago, I was convinced that Jaycee's little sister would come early. Once again, fat chance. I am in my last week of pregnancy now and she appears to be following her big sister's lead and waiting until very close to her due date!

With Jaycee, I was more anxious to go through the birthing process and was so excited to see her that I just couldn't believe she'd stay in the entire duration. With this baby, I am sore and useless to regular life tasks. There's nothing quite like dropping something on the floor, not being able to see it because of the size of your belly, then thinking "Oh great, I guess that will sit on the floor until someone else picks it up." I cannot reach my toes, my ankles, or even pull up my pants very gracefully. I can no longer sleep (hence the post at 4am without a new baby in the house), and eating has become a chore because I have to eat such small portions in order to continue breathing at a normal pace. And the stretch marks, oh those are glorious. It's times like these I am so thankful to live in a society that encourages clothing. I am hoping to loose some of the beautiful rainbow colors that come along with each new stretch mark relatively soon after BB#2 gets here. I am planning on making the Elliptical my best friend later this month. I thought that Jaycee thoroughly stretched out all portions of my body when she was in there. I have learned now that each child brings their own set of scars to the table, by either adding brand new ones or making old ones into Grand Canyon style stretch marks that go on forever. Lucky me to have such great genetics that allows for NO stretching at all without punishment :) And did I mention that my hips are bad? My body has taken the natural hormone thing to another level when it comes to preparing for pelvic stretching. My hips are good until about the evening time, then they don't seem to work so well. If I sit for long periods of time, they cramp up leaving my as though I've just run a 1,000 mile race. I waddle and grunt pretty much everywhere I go. There's nothing like the echoing sound of your hips popping as you sit on the toilet for your frequent visits. It almost sounds like a gun shot at times. I'm surprised no neighbors have called on it yet!

I am extremely grateful that my babies and pregnancies go very smoothly, but I am ready. Going to your full due date with these little girls has been fun, but that fun can end any time now. No complaints from me. You know it's bad when you are hoping for contractions to start!

Well, we have our final doc appt. later today. We'll see how that goes. . . I have been a whopping 1 cm dilated for the last two weeks with new baby comfortably smashed in her head-down position. Maybe she'll want to come out and play after today's visit. . .

No comments: